Summer is here!

on May 23, 2009

Summer of 2009 has finally begun. The semester went by so fast and there was always something going on in the Zou. Now I am back in Arizona, ready to keep myself busy for the next three months. Today my mom and I went to Schnepf Farms to pick some peaches. Our family and some family friends try to do this every year if our schedules permit because it’s fun and we get to eat a lot of peaches! When I came home, I made a homemade peach cobbler for the family to enjoy tonight. I forgot how much I like to bake. I think it turned out okay because my friend Casey ate some and he is still alive.

I have already signed up for my last Spanish class ever at a community college and have the pleasure of attending class Monday thru Thursday from 7:00 am to 10:00 am. Lucky me! I can already tell that my bad coffee habits will be continuing this summer. Who needs to feel rested anyway when you can supplement sleep with java?

The highlight of my summer will be interning with Fox Sports Net Arizona. I will be assisting with the network’s marketing and PR for the Arizona Diamondbacks during their games in the summer.  My job duties include working in the downtown Phoenix office (which is right above Hooters; big bonus!), assisting directors with the Diamondbacks Post Game shows at Tempe Marketplace, and update the social media platforms owned by the media. The internship starts June 1st and couldn’t be more excited. I will also get to ride Phoenix’s Metro Light Rail to downtown Phoenix and back a few times a week! 

As the internship only requires two of my days a week and a couple of nights, I thought it would be smart to look for a job to get some extra money for the school year ahead. I found that in college, it is very handy to have some cash on you for those moments when your friends decide to go get some lunch or ice cream. It is also very nice for coffee! The job search as been anything but easy; many days of waking up early, showering, updating the resume, and going out to pretty much every nice restaurant in Chandler. After five days of this, I have yet to hear back from any of them. I hoping that most of them will get on top of their game at the beginning of next week and call me. Until then, I will fill my time with Facebook and Gilmore Girls.

This is summer that I will get healthy and get in shape, according to my mother. So part of this plan is that we will be starting boot camp in June. The program is a month long, five days a week, from 5:30 am to 6:30 am. I see myself wanting to die during that time, so needless to say I can’t for June to be over. We will see how June goes between this boot camp and Spanish. You may not hear from me for a while. I might be in my bed, or in too much pain in my body and my head to open my laptop.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!


2 comments:

Kelley said...

Congratulations on the intern ship! That's so awesome! I didn't know you were interested in sports.

That reminds me of this beautiful girl like you who worked for CTV and graduated this year. She was a sports anchor and in her final night she talked about how she felt intimidated at first being the only girl on the sports team, but it was all about following her passion! If that's your passion keep chasing it!

I kind of feel like a pud not getting an internship this summer... I had one offering at the theatre where Broadway shows came through to do a little PR but I decided against it.

Adrianna said...

Thanks Kelley!! And don't worry about not having an intership... there will be plenty of time for that in the summers/semesters ahead. Have a fun summer!! you deserve it ;)