Analogies from a college student.

on February 11, 2009

Since I have been in college, I have come to appreciate the smaller things in life. I have also been able to see these things in a different light. (The words italicized are the things I am referring to.)


1. Sleep is the prize after a long day of school, studying, and work.
2. The weekends are mini vacations. I realized that if I work really, really hard during the week, the weekends can actually be fun and not so stressful. 
3. Coffee is magic. It solves life's problems and can turn a bad day into something wonderful. 
4. Television is a break from the real world. It is the only time I get to escape my problems and watch pointless shows that I really love. 
5. Phone calls and text messages are priceless. Throughout the day, I don't know what I would do without a call or text from someone; it my connection to people. This week, I discovered I'm a people person and I need people in my life.

All of these things have a special place in my life now. I will post more later, but I have three papers to write tonight. Yikes!

Quote of the day, courtesy of www.quotationspage.com:
"Happiness in intelligent people is rarest thing I know." --Ernest Hemingway.

Good thing I'm not intelligent. 

2 comments:

Julia said...

"Good thing I'm not intelligent."
-shut up! You are. :P Don't be silly.

And I totally agree with everything you just said...especially the coffee thing. Dear GOD, I would die without it...possibly literally. Haha.

The other day, someone pointed out to me that college kids and journalists fill a lot of the same stereotypes...we hardly sleep, we're always stressed, and we survive on coffee. One of my other friends was like, wow, I could never be a journalist. I was like, UHM, yeah, you could...you're surviving college, right?

Annnyway, good to hear from you love...can't WAIT to see you in MARCH!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

PS- Kedzie says hi. He's sitting here, fretting over some thesis for his writing class. Haha.

Fr. Joe Hennessy's Blog said...

miss View from Mizzou....whatever happened to it?