Livin' the Resort Life

on May 25, 2009




Today, I went with my friends Nikki and Casey to go tanning and swimming at some of the fabulous resorts in the Valley of the Sun. Our first stop was The Buttes. We picked out a prime tanning spot and Casey decided to look for a bathroom to change into his swimsuit. Nikki and I had just gotten all situated and almost all suncreened up when Casey returned to tell us that the manager had asked him which room we were staying in. Well, since we weren't staying in a room, the three of us immediately fled the scene of the hotel pool and got in our car, heading to the next hotel. Nikki and I exclaimed that "Casey got us kicked out!" Even though he didn't, it was fun to kid around with him. We were determined to have some fun in the sun on this fine Memorial Day and ended up at the Arizona Grand Resort just a few miles away from our first destination. 


Our second spot was not as grand as the first but we made it work. We got our towels, sunscreen, and books out and continued the sunbathing process that soon became a ritual to us. The book I pulled out of my beach bag was Twilight, which is the first book of a popular series that has gained a wide female fanbase. After basking in the ninety-something (or even hundred-something) temperature, I decided to join Casey in the pool. After stepping into the pool, I did a dolphin dive to go deeper under water and get relieved from the heat. After I pulled up out of the water, I noticed that when I went under, my bottom swimsuit had been filled with water and came off ... revealing my caboose to everyone around the pool. I heard some laughter and became extremely embarrassed that I has mooned little children and complete strangers around me. :(

We decided to leave the pool not too long after this incident, and when we left I noticed that I was still on page 12 of Twilight, the same page that I started on when we arrrived. Story of my life.

The three of us decided to make it our new summer goal to visit as many resorts about the valley as possible, especially in the next week before Casey leaves to go back to Middlebury for summer school. Well, I have to so we are well on our way to achieving this goal: we went to two resorts in one day!

Summer of 2009 Lesson 1: Always make sure that the swimsuit is on tight before diving down into the water. 


2 comments:

Kelley said...

That sounds awesome!

caseymahoney said...

HA. I like how you blog about your embarrassing moments so that EVERYone knows. I mean do what you wanna--your life haha