Our world is slowly being run by the products of new media. Facebook and blogs are among the most popular outlets to release information via internet. One of my new personal favorites is Twitter. Twitter is slowly becoming the new Facebook, and I encourage anyone who hasn't visited the website and made a Twitter account to do so before you are behind.
For those that have never seen Twitter before, it is easy to use and understand. Just register with the website and post updates for other people on Twitter to read. The updates can simply describe what someone is doing, a message to someone else, what they are reading, etc. It is basically just like the status element of Facebook.
One of the great things about Twitter is that great media resources such as USA Today, New York Times, and CNN are linked to Twitter and post links to stories as they post them on their websites. As a journalist, it is important to learn and experiment with all new media outlets and use them in everyday life. Anyone can also access Twitter via mobile device and update their status, as well as check other's updates as well.
Many of my friends and family members have Twitter and as I am in college it is nice to see what they are up and what is going on in their lives while I am on the go. I have some friends in a band, Anarbor (check them out!), and they update their Twitter several times a day, which is so cool because they keep family, friends, and fans in the know what the great things that is happening with them. I have even seem some really polished Twitter folks update their Facebook status via updating their Twitter. I think this is just so neat!!
So, get on Twitter!!
2 comments:
I plan on getting a twitter account soon. I think its a trend that's on the rise.
Very informative. I think I should get on. I like the idea of being able to link to newspapers.
I shall put it on my to do list!
Post a Comment