
Currently, I do not like Texas. I have begun my voyage to Columbia, Missouri from Chandler, Arizona, and my mom and I are finding out that driving over halfway through Texas is not an easy task. We are currently 103 miles from Fort Worth after driving through El Paso. Needless to say, I hate driving through Texas! It seems like we are never going to get to Dallas. So far road trip = not fun.
After about 4 hours on the road, we began to get hungry and we thought we would wait till we got to Odessa before we got gas and food. Well, after driving through Odessa on the freeway, we were not appealed by any of the restaurant options in town. We were being especially picky after having some delicious tacos for dinner last night and talking about them in the car today, and wanting more! We proceeded to Midland, only to fill up the car and not find any food. At this point, I was starving. Literally, I could have eaten anything remotely edible that came my way (anything that didn't walk my way).

Continuing on our way, we found some small town, Big Spring, and we e
xited towards the town after seeing a Sonic sign. We searched for this hidden Sonic but never found it! A Dairy Queen appeared on our path, and we couldn't wait anymore. We went inside and to my dismay, this Dairy Queen didn't have corndogs. What kind of DQ doesn't have corndogs?!? Catastrophe, I tell you. The food wasn't that good anyway.

Although
this ride isn't fun, my mom have been able to make our own fun in the car for the past 8 hours. We reminisced from when I was little and the times we lived in Oregon from 1996-1998. She preceded to tell me that, "People in Oregon were weird. You nor Alex were ever invited over to other kids' houses." Wow. I just learned that I didn't have any friends in 1st or 2nd grade. I guess I was weird.
We also also counted how many states we each had been to. I have been to 20 and my mom has been to 25... She won this round but I am quickly catching up.
Now, I have been watching tv online (possible with my new Net card for my laptop) and updating my blog ;)
Meanwhile, my mom is getting kicks from the semi-truck we just passed that had a "Show me your Hooters" bumper sticker.

"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them." -- Mark Twain
2 comments:
I feel you on this. Texas has got to be the worst state. But AUstin is a cool city I think. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Texas may be one of the worst states to drive through, followed closely by Oklahoma, Wyoming and the eastern half of Colorado...
Enjoy the rest of your trip to CoMo!
Post a Comment