Longest Winter Break EVER!

on January 2, 2009

This winter break has felt like the longest one of my entire life. I feel like it is time to go back to school and go back to normal routine. It is time to stop laying on the couch, watching T.V. and go back to school to learn something. Although, I know after I leave my first Spanish class of second semester, I will be wishing I was back at my home not having to do any work at all!


Because I have had so much free time the past couple of weeks, I have compiled a list of my favorite television shows. Here they are in no particular order:

  • Friends - I just can't get enough of each of the 6 main characters and their hilarious comments. Reruns are on just about everyday and I still crack up at the things I've heard the group say over and over again. 
  • Sex and the City - I didn't really get into this show till after the new episodes were off the air, but it is so clever, realistic, and entertaining. I would never like to live like any of them, but it is so riveting watching each of the four girls' lives. 
  • Gilmore Girls - This has to be one of my favorite shows ever! I didn't start watching the reruns until last year but once I started, I couldn't stop. I never get sick of watching the same episodes over and over again. The characters of Lorelai and Rory are so witty, and sometimes I wish I was Rory. "Oy with the poodles already!"
  • Grey's Anatomy - Having just caught up with all the of Season 5's episodes so far, I have re-fallen in love with Meredith, Derek, Cristina, Dr. Bailey, McSteamy, Izzie, and the rest of them. It's sad, but I just don't know what I would do without this show. It is so captivating and I love the love stories and special story lines with the patients, as well as in the doctors lives...."Seriously!"
  • So You Think You Can Dance - Sadly, this show is only on in the summer, but without Grey's Anatomy, I have another show to look forward to. This show is like American Idol but for dance. Dance is like an art and some of the pieces performed on this show are so moving and tell a story. Can't wait to watch it this summer!
  • West Wing - Over this break, I have rediscovered this show and seen how truly smart and creative it really was. I wished I would have watched it while it was still running on NBC, but then I realized that I probably wouldn't understand it as much as I would now. It is my greatest hope now that the writers from West Wing will go on to create another show that I can watch.
  • The Ellen DeGeneres Show - Now, I know it doesn't have a plot and story line like other shows, but man is Ellen funny! She is hilarious. Ellen is a creative, smart, funny woman who gives so freely to others and watching her show brings so much laughter to my house. I would love to meet her and spend some time with her because she is probably ten times more funny in person!
  • Brothers and Sisters - What's not to love about this show? They are just as any person's family, but the beauty of this show is that they never cease to change their habits: family finds out they have a mystery sibling, they fight, they keep secrets, they throw a party and drink, they fight some more, they reveal the secrets, they drink some more, they find out they have another secret sibling, they drink some more and so on. Despite the repetition, which only depicts the family's true characteristics, this drama is immensely smart and keeps me watching for some reason. And that reason may be the brainwashing of Rob Lowe and his dashing looks. 
  • Gossip Girl - It is particularly my favorite show to watch but I feel like I have invested so much time in it thus far, I can't afford to miss a beat now. Although the story has taken quite the turn this season and the characters are getting to that point where too many of them have been involved with each other, I enjoy seeing what is going to happen next. I also love seeing the trendy styles displayed by the beautiful actors. 
Well, now that I have completely exhausted my analysis of the television shows I watch the most, I must continue to catch up the episodes I missed this season due to the busy schedule that comes with college. 

XOXO
Blog girl.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I really like friends, Grey's Anatomy, and So You Think You Can Dance too!

I totally agree. It's hard to stay productive when you don't have schedule to pull you through each day. I am constantly getting up late and I HATE that.

Carol said...

YES! Another West Winger! I love that show so much. In fact, since it's on at 8 am here, it's the only reason I don't sleep in.

Elaine Washam: said...

I agree with Kelley. Having no schedule makes life hectic. And getting up late aggravates me, yet I continue to do it.

So You Think You Can Dance is one of the best "reality shows" on air. And I really don't like reality shows!

LisaAmato said...

Just want to point out that technically this is the longest Christmas break you (and fellow Free Spirits) have ever had as breaks in highs school were two weeks. So, find enjoyment in the four week break for the Holidays for this four year period because once you hit the pavement....you won't even get the two week break!