New Year's Day. A day filled with sleep, football and leftovers from the night before. It marks the beginning of a new year. A new 365 days that will go by even more quickly than the last. So many people across the country have pondered about their possible resolutions that will improve their future year and future self. Personally, I have never followed through with my resolutions, always forgetting them by the end of January. This year will be different. This year, I plan to write for my blog everyday. At first, I thought this goal wouldn't be obtainable but then I realized that I would already be on my laptop doing homework, checking out the latest news online, and checking my Facebook of course... so why not be productive and write a blog?
It's so hard to believe that another year has gone by and we are now in 2009. The past year was filled with so many monumental events: attending the Al Neuharth Free Spirit Conference and meeting some of the most extraordinary people ever, graduating high school, moving to Missouri and starting college. All of these events have shaped my year and made it one to go down as one my favorites.
No one ever knows what the future holds for them, and that is the beauty of life. With this blog, I hope to open up and disclose some of my personal thoughts about the world, about life, and about college. I hope I can influence the people that choose to read it. I also hope to gain valuable experience for my career as a journalist, as well as challenge myself.
As this first day in 2009 comes to a close, I look forward to this next year, with all the events, lessons, and experiences it holds.
P.S. I would also like to thank Kelley Robinson and Alex Johnson for their assistance in the completion of my blog "view from Mizzou."
"Some of the best lessons we ever learn are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom and success of the future." - Dr. Dale E. Turner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Go Adi!
You amaze me my fellow Missourian! One day down:) don't blink
You are going to do great! I can't wait for 365 days of tidbits about your life!
One of my goals is to blog daily too. I don't think it will too hard. Looking forward to a years worth of posts.
Yay! You figured out how to put the picture at the top! Keep it up!
Post a Comment